Saturday, January 8, 2011

Some Garden Photos

I'm preparing a post on the right time to harvest tomatoes (because let's hope you're having to worry about that!). Believe it or not, there's actually a fair amount of conflicting information out there about the "right" time to harvest a tomato for the best flavor. And since one of the primary differences between homegrown tomatoes and grocery store tomatoes is how long they've been on the vine, I hate to drop the ball at the end and either pick them too early or too late.

But while I'm working on that post, I thought I'd post some approaching-harvest pictures. I'm a pretty serious cook (which kind of makes sense, if you think about it), so I love this time of year. This is when a flood of fresh herbs and vegetables start making their way inside as I slowly snip and clip these plants into food-size bits ...








No comments:

Post a Comment