Thursday, October 6, 2011

Now Here's Something Interesting

One nice thing about blogging is I have a permanent record of what I've done in the past. And check this out ... I didn't realize exactly how much faster the hydroponic tomato seedlings were growing until I went back and checked.

Here is Day 15 from this year:


I know that's the same photo I just used, but I wanted it for contrast. This plant already has several sets of mature leaves and is as tall as my hand.

Here is Day 18 from last year:


This plant was 3" tall at most and had only one small set of mature leaves. It's nowhere near as robust or large. Food for thought, right?

What this really makes me want to do is go full hydro ...

1 comment:

  1. Hey plant looks great, you can plan to prune the plant. Tomatoes that are pruned to just a few stems will be more compact in size, can be staked, and will produce larger fruit. If your tomatoes are to bear fruit, they need to be pollinated. Unless growers are going to engage in artificial pollination, the plants must be accessible to pollinators, which can include insects and wind. Obviously, it is difficult to provide pollinator access to plants grown indoors or in greenhouses. Hydroponic Vegetable gardening is fun but you need to be very careful and take care of many factors that affect the plant.

    ReplyDelete